Hudson Valley Fresh
Free Tastes Near You!
Get fresh by sampling free Hudson Valley Fresh dairy products and taste the difference.
Click below to see a list of our upcoming tasting events
Find a Tasting
Meet the Stars
Meet “Phyllis” from Tollgate Farm
Get to know your local cows from Hudson Valley Farms.
FUN FACT: Dairy cows can drink between 30 & 50 gallons of water every day, and can double that amount when it’s hot.
All About Phyllis
Age: 8 weeks
Birthdate: June 16, 2016
- Her full name is Tollgate Vu Gold Chip Phyllis
- She has family members named Phiephie, PhaPha, and Phaedra.
- She drinks milk and water and eats grain and hay.
- The most popular breed of cow in the U.S
- Originally from the Netherlands
- Most are black and white, but some are dark red and white.
- Fully grown holsteins can weight up to 1800 pounds and be 58 inches tall.
- They produce the greatest volume of milk of all cows.
Phyllis and Her Friends
Lives In Ancramdale, New York
Tollgate Farm, the Davenport Family
Phyllis’s Friends on the Farm:
- She is one of around 140 cows on the farm—64 are milking cows, 80 young cows.
- Phyllis is a holstein, but some of her friends are Ayrshires, a mahogany and white cow that is a little smaller in stature.
- The cows sleep on kiln dried sawdust that is changed every day. Each cow has her own stall and goes out every day for exercise.
- The cows get milked twice a day—at 3:30 AM and 3:30 PM.
- They have food and water all times.
Most of the food for Tollgate’s cows is grown on the farm.
Printable coloring pages
Click here for coloring page 1
Click here for coloring page 2
Click here for coloring page 3
Recipes for kids
Recipes for kids